NeoPay is an innovative fintech company that focuses on payment and embedded finance solutions. With a customer-focused approach, NeoPay provides optimal technology solutions for all the payment needs of corporate businesses and SMEs. We are looking for an experienced Head of business development with a proven track record of developing and scaling innovative fintech products for our B2B customers in Vietnam. Your initial focus will be on B2B payments, providing businesses with fast, reliable, and secure payments. Embedded finance products, such as working capital and escrow payments, will be developed later to position NeoPay as a one-stop financial platform for businesses in Vietnam and SEAsia. This will be an on-site position, based out of Ho Chi Minh City. Relocation assistance will be provided.
I. Job responsibilities:
1. Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets and own key executive reports to the BOM
2. Build strong relationships with partners:
• Approach and shortlist companies and platforms that require Neo payment/embedded fintech solutions
• Execute and structure deals to create win-win partnerships
• Have a strong network (senior level/C suite) into partners in Vietnam that allow access to Neo products within 2 months
3. Be in charge of own business pipeline, with supporting business case analysis to deliver quantified business impact
4. Maintain relationships with partners by regular discussions related to negotiations, product integrations, troubleshooting, and/or quarterly reviews.
5. Oversee integration with partners and ensure smooth communication between internal and external teams
6. Have a good understanding of Neo products or services and be able to advise others about them
7. Ensure staff are on board throughout the organization, and understand the need for change and what is required of them, removing all obstacles to get the products to market
8. Solve complex business problems by contributing to Neo product roadmap, while working with internal cross-functional teams to build compelling solutions for our customers
9. Keep abreast of trends and changes in the fintech world.
10. Able to work with legal and functional teams for T&Cs in contracts, template per industry and specific terms per class of trade
11. Able to represent Tech/Accounting/Operations in general pitches (initial stage with procedures, processes, flows and requirements per function)
II. Job requirements:
1. 10+ years of professional experience with 5+ years in business or market development at multiple companies in fintech, technology and/or ecommerce fields
2. Knowledge of the payments ecosystem, understanding the complexities of funds flow, roles/responsibilities for settlement, relevant regulations and industry standards and the wide spectrum of Fintech products.
3. Direct experience in structuring partnership deals, negotiating business and technical terms across multiple partners in the financial industry
4. Passion for technology/fintech and comfortable working in a startup environment, where ambiguity and multitasking is to be expected
5. Scrappy self-starter who works best in a dynamic environment, while delivering projects to completion with minimal guidance
6. Outstanding track record of impactful partnership establishments, management and growth.
7. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally.
8. Strong ability to influence without authority, sell concepts and actively drive streamlined decision making across partners.
9. Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans across many organizational partners. Ability to articulate the broader vision combined with the ability to understand the executional details.
10. Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships – including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.